Abed Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Abed
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abed
- Comments and insights on the name Abed: | Edit
A brusque lively-sounding name.
- Personal experiences with the name Abed: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Abed: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Abed: | Edit
Abed, also Abid, is an Arabic name meaning worshipper, adorer, devout and can be either a surname or given name. It used to be popular in Russia but is not common today. Another possible origin is ancient Aramaic where it means work or labor.
- Famous real-life people named Abed: | Edit
Abid Nabi, an Indian cricket player.
- Abed in song, story & screen: | Edit
Abed Nadir, a main character in the US comedy sitcom Community.