Alastair Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alistair:
A Gaelic form of Alexander (defender of mankind). Var: Alasdair, Alastor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alastair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alastair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alastair
- Comments and insights on the name Alastair: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Alastair: | Edit
MY DADDY'S NAME!!!!
This is my Dad's name and he loves the way it's spelt differently than usual.
Re: Alastair is my middle name and I have always loved how unique it is and the strength of the meaning
- Nicknames for Alastair: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Alastair: | Edit
A variation of Alexander, meaning "Defender of Mankind". This is Scottish spelling of the name "Alistair".
- Famous real-life people named Alastair: | Edit
Famous occultist Aleister Crowley.
- Alastair in song, story & screen: | Edit
Alastair, white-eyed demon and chief torturer of Hell in CW's "Supernatural", played by Mark Rolston, Andrew Wheeler and Christopher Heyerdahl. Alistair, character in the video game "Dragon Age: Orgins". Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody in Harry Potter book series.