Albert Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Albert:
Derived from the Old High German Adalbrecht, which is composed of the elements adal (noble) and beraht (bright, famous).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Albert? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Albert
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark 2014
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales (2013)
- Armenian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Armenia, 2010
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark, 2010
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales
- English Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark for 2012.
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark
- Armenian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Armenia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Albert
- Comments and insights on the name Albert: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Albert: | Edit
My brother was named Albert in 1985 after our grandfather! Today he loves his name and loves that he does not share it with many people!
Wonderful wise name!
My dad's name is Albert. My dad is my good friend, and I like the name a lot.
- Nicknames for Albert: | Edit
Al, Bert, Ally, Berty, Albie, Albs
- Meanings and history of the name Albert: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Albert: | Edit
Edward Albert Heimberger - born on 22 April, a famous actor . Edward Albert Heimberger's background: A popular Oscar and Emmy Award-nominated American stage, film, character actor, gardener, humanitarian activist, and World War II hero. In an acting career that spanned nearly seven decades, he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1954 for his performance in Roman Holiday and again in 1973 for The Heartbreak Kid. Among his other well-known roles are being Edwards in the Brother Rat films, Oliver Wendell Douglas in the popular 1960s television situation comedy Green Acres, and Frank MacBride on the 1970s crime drama Switch. He also had a recurring role as Carlton Travis on Falcon Crest, opposite Jane Wyman.
Carl Albert - born on 10 May, a famous lawyer . Carl Albert's background: A lawyer and a Democratic American politician from Oklahoma. Albert represented the southeastern portion of Oklahoma (Congressional District 3) as a Democrat for 30 years, starting in 1947. He is most well-known for his service as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1971 to 1977. At 5 feet 4 inches tall, Albert was often affectionately known as the 'Little Giant from Little Dixie,' and held the highest political office of any Oklahoman in American history.
Albert Einstein - born on 14 March , a famous physicist . Albert Einstein's background: A German-born theoretical physicist. He is best known for his theory of relativity and specifically mass-energy equivalence, E = mc2. Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics 'for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect.'
Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (German: Franz August Carl Albrecht Emanuel) later: Prince Consort of the United Kingdom - born 26 August 1819 – 14 December 1861. Albert was the younger brother of Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (German: Ernst II August Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha) the second sovereign duke of the German duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, reigning from 1844 to his death. At the age of 20 he married his first cousin, Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, with whom he had nine children. Amongst many great achievements and inventions the forward thinking Prince Consort is credited with introducing the principle that the British Royal Family should remain above politics. Albert also established and endowed the Prince Consort's Library at Aldershot, which still exists today.
- Albert in song, story & screen: | Edit
Albert Wesker, main villain character in the Resident Evil series of video games.
Albert Hinkey from the Pixar franchise Cars
Albert Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie