Alistaire Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alistair:
A Gaelic form of Alexander (defender of mankind). Var: Alasdair, Alastor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alistaire? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alistaire
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alistaire
- Comments and insights on the name Alistaire
Alistaire is pronounced like Ah-List-Air. I thought of the name as a spin on the name Alistair, pronounced Ah-List-Er, for a fantasy book I'm writing called Jane In Odricaea. If people used it as their son's name, I would be shocked but happy.
- Personal experiences with the name Alistaire
- Nicknames for Alistaire
- Meanings and history of the name Alistaire
Just like Alistair, Alistaire means Defender Of Man or Protector of Mankind.
- Famous real-life people named Alistaire
- Alistaire in song, story & screen