Amarillo Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Amarillo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amarillo
- Comments and insights on the name Amarillo: | Edit
I love the name. A lot of people love its creativity and uniqueness... Definitely a great name!
- Personal experiences with the name Amarillo: | Edit
My son, Amarillo, has loved his name. A lot of people ask why I chose this name for my son, and the reasoning is because when he was born-- his eyes were yellow. Now they're back to what should've been their original state (brown), but he'll always be my yellow-eyed darling!
- Nicknames for Amarillo: | Edit
Ammy, Amamillo, Rillo, Ams
- Meanings and history of the name Amarillo: | Edit
Amarillo comes from the Spanish word, "amarillo", which translates to "yellow". Many uses of the name Amarillo are found. One, although not popular, is to denote someone of Asian appearance or heritage. Another is to denote someone of yellowish features (i.e. yellow eyes, skin, hair, etc.).
- Famous real-life people named Amarillo: | Edit
My son, Amarillo, is famous in my eyes and I am proud to be his mommy!
- Amarillo in song, story & screen: | Edit
Amarillo has appeared in every Spanish textbook and is one of the most commonly known Spanish words-- so of course everyone knows the name!