Aodhan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aidan:
Anglicized form of the Irish Aodhan (little fiery one).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aodhan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aodhan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aodhan
- Comments and insights on the name Aodhan
From the old Irish name Áedán, a diminutive of Áed/Aodh meaning fire. A traditional spelling of Aiden.
- Personal experiences with the name Aodhan
- Nicknames for Aodhan
- Meanings and history of the name Aodhan
A diminutive of Aodh, meaning fire. This was the name of an Irish monk and saint of the 7th century. It was also borne by several characters in Irish mythology.
- Famous real-life people named Aodhan
- Aodhan in song, story & screen