Atom Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Atom? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Atom
Contribute your knowledge to the name Atom
- Comments and insights on the name Atom: | Edit
The name atom comes from the Greek, which means uncuttable, or indivisible, something that cannot be divided further. (this was naturally before they split the atom)
- Personal experiences with the name Atom: | Edit
My son proudly explains that his name is spelled "A-t-o-m" whenever people ask him his name. He is 7 years old and very proud of his cool name.
- Nicknames for Atom: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Atom: | Edit
Atom is the Hebrew spelling of Adam
The word atom was first coined by Ancient Greek philosophers
- Famous real-life people named Atom: | Edit
Film director Atom Egoyan - born in Cairo to Armenian parents, raised in Canada.
- Atom in song, story & screen: | Edit
Atom and His Package (musician)
The Children of Atom are featured in the video games Fallout 3 & Fallout 4