Austin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Austin
Origin of the name Austin:
A contracted form of Augustine (great). Var: Austen, Austyn.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Austin? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Austin
- Comments and insights on the name Austin: | Edit
What a great name!!
Nothing wrong with it, it's just such an over-used name now. There are like 2 of them in every classroom.
- Personal experiences with the name Austin: | Edit
The boys I know named Austin are all fun, energetic and determined.
Very strong handsome name.
I know four Austins. One is perverted. One is funny. One is artistic. One is athlectic. Quite a diversity in personalities.
- Nicknames for Austin: | Edit
Austin, Aus, Raustin, Austin-Bostin, Austie, Aussie, Texas
- Meanings and history of the name Austin: | Edit
I think that the name does not make the person and someone's name doesn't necessarily have to fit their personality. My oldest brother's name is Austin but he is not like any other Austin I know. He is unique despite the commonality of his name.
- Famous real-life people named Austin: | Edit
Austin Mahone, American singer-songwriter
Austin Healey, English rugby union player
Stephen F. Austin, American historical figure
Jake T. Austin, American actor, known for "Wizards of Waverly Place"
Austin Carlile, lead singer for the band Of Mice & Men
- Austin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Austin Powers, character played by Mike Myers in the eponymous film series.
Austin Aimes from A Cinderella Story
Austin Moon from Austin & Ally (A Disney Channel TV show)
Name Lists Featuring Austin
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales