Axl Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Axel:
A borrowing from the Scandinavians, Axel is a cognate of the biblical Absalom, which is derived from the Hebrew ‘abshālōm (the father is peace). Var: Aksel, Apsel.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Axl? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Axl
Contribute your knowledge to the name Axl
- Comments and insights on the name Axl: | Edit
Axl Rose, lead vocalist from Guns 'N' Roses.
- Personal experiences with the name Axl: | Edit
Naming our child Axl James if its a boy!
Love this name! So cool!!
- Nicknames for Axl: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Axl: | Edit
The name Axel is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Axel is: Father of peace. Hebrew Meaning: The name Axel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Axel is: Father of peace
- Famous real-life people named Axl: | Edit
Axl Rose, singer from Guns 'N' Roses.
Fergie named her son Axl Jack
- Axl in song, story & screen: | Edit
Axl Heck, character in the U.S. sitcom "The Middle"
Axl Johnson, aka Odin, from the TV series "The Almighty Johnsons"
"Hi Axl! Where's Axl?"