Baldwin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Baldwin | Boys
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Baldwin
- Comments and insights on the name Baldwin: | Edit
SHould be used as middle name
- Personal experiences with the name Baldwin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Baldwin: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Baldwin: | Edit
The name Baldwin is of English origin, from the Old English Bealdwine, or the Old German equivalent Baldavin, meaning "bold friend". It was frequently used in medieval Britain as a surname.
- Famous real-life people named Baldwin: | Edit
Stanley Baldwin, 1st Earl Baldwin of Bewdley, KG, PC (1867–47), a British Conservative politician, statesman, and major figure on the political scene in the interwar years.
Alec Baldwin, actor of 30 ROCK, Beetlejuice, Glengarry Glen Ross, and 14 time SNL host
James Arthur Baldwin (1924–87), an American novelist, writer, playwright, poet, essayist and civil rights activist
- Baldwin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Baldwin is the antagonist ex-boyfriend of Alison Vernon-Williams in John Waters' and Johnny Depp's 1990 cult musical film Cry-baby.