Balthazar Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Balthazar? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Balthazar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Balthazar
- Comments and insights on the name Balthazar: | Edit
USAGE: Judeo-Christian Legend
VARIANTS: Baltazar, Balthasar
OTHER LANGUAGES: Bel-Sarra-Usur, Belshazzar (Ancient Near Eastern), Belshazzar (Biblical), Baltasar (Biblical Greek), Belshatzzar (Biblical Hebrew), Baltassar (Biblical Latin), Boldizsár (Hungarian), Baldassare (Italian), Baltasar (Spanish)
- Personal experiences with the name Balthazar: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Balthazar: | Edit
Baz, Bal, Zah, Zar, B'zar
- Meanings and history of the name Balthazar: | Edit
Variant of BELSHAZZAR. Baltazar is the name traditionally assigned to one of the wise men (also known as the Magi, or three kings) who visited the newborn Jesus.
- Famous real-life people named Balthazar: | Edit
Balthazar Getty, American actor
Baz Luhrman, film-maker (Romeo & Juliet)
Balthazar, child of Trent Reznor and Mariqueen Maandig.
- Balthazar in song, story & screen: | Edit
Balthazar, character in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
One of the 3 wise men who visited the baby Jesus after his birth
Balthazar, character from Supernatural played by Sebastian Roche