Barnabus Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Barnabus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Barnabus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Barnabus
- Comments and insights on the name Barnabus: | Edit
Barnabus means "son of consolation". Barnabus is an alternate spelling, with the suffix -us, of Barnabas (Greek, Aramaic): Greek variation of an Aramaic name.
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Barnabus#6YoxKGQpYtoJujQ2.99
- Personal experiences with the name Barnabus: | Edit
It has a certain singularity to it; indeed, a name I would not defy posterity to continue.
- Nicknames for Barnabus: | Edit
Barnaby, Barney, Barn, Knabbs, Nabs,
- Meanings and history of the name Barnabus: | Edit
Son of a prophecy
Barnabus means "son of consolation". Barnabus is an alternate spelling of Barnabas (Greek, Aramaic): Greek variation of an Aramaic name.This is the name of Barnabus Blenkinsop, a character in the "Harry Potter" series written by J.K. Rowling.
- Famous real-life people named Barnabus: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Barnabus in song, story & screen: | Edit
Hello Dolly - Put on your Sunday Clothes