Benny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Benjamin:
Derived from the Hebrew binyāmīn (son of the right hand). The name was borne by American statesman and inventor Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 90). Short: Ben. Pet: Benny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Benny? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Benny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benny
- Comments and insights on the name Benny: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Benny: | Edit
My grandfather's name is Benny. He hates it, he says it's a little boy name. I don't personally like it either, but I think Benjamin is a great name.
- Nicknames for Benny: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Benny: | Edit
Not vary smart doppy one
- Famous real-life people named Benny: | Edit
Benny Goodman, jazz musician
Benny Andersson, member of ABBA
Jack Benny, comedian
Benny Hill, comedian
Benny Bullys pet treats
Benny Benassi, Italian DJ and producer of electro house music
- Benny in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Bennie and the Jets," Elton John song