Benzion: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Benzion
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benzion
- Comments and insights on the name Benzion: | Edit
Means "son of Zion." Zion is another name for Israel, both the land and by extension the Jewish people. Also spelled Ben Zion. Nicknames are Ben, Benny, Bentz, Bentzi, and Buzzy.
- Personal experiences with the name Benzion: | Edit
My son's middle name.
- Nicknames for Benzion: | Edit
Ben, Benny, Bentz, Bentzi, Buzzy.
- Meanings and history of the name Benzion: | Edit
A Hebrew name used more commonly beginning in the 20th century with the founding of the state of Israel.
- Famous real-life people named Benzion: | Edit
Ben Zion Bokser, famous 20th century Conservative rabbi
Benzion Chanowitz, professor of psychology
Benzion Dinur, Israeli historian
- Benzion in song, story & screen: | Edit
Bentz, the counterpart to Bert in the Israeli production of Sesame Street, "Shalom Sumsum"