Bran Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bran? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bran
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bran
- Comments and insights on the name Bran: | Edit
I would rather you not name your child "Bran." Much like Tigger I enjoy being the only one.
- Personal experiences with the name Bran: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Bran: | Edit
I have no nickname because Bran does not need one. Thanks anyway
- Meanings and history of the name Bran: | Edit
Bran means "raven" or "crow" (Ironic, I know) in several Celtic languages. This name was popular in the Middle Ages, especially in Ireland and Wales.
Pronounced: BRAWN (Irish), Bran (Welsh)
- Famous real-life people named Bran: | Edit
Bran the Blessed is a giant and king of Britain in Welsh mythology. He is a pagan god of prophecy, the arts, war, music, writing.
- Bran in song, story & screen: | Edit
Stephen Lawhead's King Raven Trilogy's main character is named Bran. The trilogy is based on the legend of Robin Hood set in Wales with main character named Rhi Bran y Hud.
Brandon Stark, from George R. R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series.