Broderick Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Broderick? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Broderick
Contribute your knowledge to the name Broderick
- Comments and insights on the name Broderick: | Edit
We named our third boy Broderick and to be honest it should have been our first choice. It is a very strong masculine name, unique enough to be the only one at his school but doesn't sound totally made up. Brodie for short is easily recognised as a mainstream name, which is handy when people ask his name.
- Personal experiences with the name Broderick: | Edit
I was inspired by a friend from school who was a great footballer, Russell Broderick, with the modern popularity of using surnames as first names, it seemed to fit.
- Nicknames for Broderick: | Edit
Brody, Brodie, Brod, Brayden, Bailey, Rick
- Meanings and history of the name Broderick: | Edit
Surname from Old Norse brodir meaning 'brother' or an Anglicised form of the Irish Ó Bruadair 'descendant of Bruadar'.
- Famous real-life people named Broderick: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Broderick in song, story & screen: | Edit
Broderick Bode, a character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling