Bryant: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Bryant
Origin of the name Bryant:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the given name Brian.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bryant? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bryant
- Comments and insights on the name Bryant: | Edit
I love this name. I didn't choose it for a first name but rather a middle name (Michael Bryant), though Bryant was on my list as a first name too.
- Personal experiences with the name Bryant: | Edit
Constantly have to correct people because they think you say "Brian". Really have to emphasize the "t".
My brother's middle name is Bryant after our dad (Brian) and he loves it. I've never met anyone else who has it.
- Nicknames for Bryant: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Bryant: | Edit
Gaelic origin meaning "noble, strong, virtuous"
- Famous real-life people named Bryant: | Edit
Paul "Bear" Bryant, an American college football player and coach.
Bryant Wright, pastor of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta, GA
Bryant Eslava, Photographer
- Bryant in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!