Cade Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cade:
Transferred use of the English surname, which is of several derivations. Cade is derived from an Old English nickname for something or someone lumpy or rotund. It might also be from the Late Middle English cade (a young animal abandoned by its mother and raised by hand). Alternatively, Cade is derived from the Middle English cade (cask, barrel) and might have been either a nickname for someone with the physique of a barrel or an occupational name for a barrel maker.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cade? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cade
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cade
- Comments and insights on the name Cade: | Edit
What a great, strong name! Love it!
- Personal experiences with the name Cade: | Edit
ihave a friend he is cade my friend cade big man cade.
oke his bak
- Nicknames for Cade: | Edit
The abandoned one
CADE CADE CADE
- Meanings and history of the name Cade: | Edit
hye 4liek penis
- Famous real-life people named Cade: | Edit
- Cade in song, story & screen: | Edit
single ladies, you nmeed to wacxh hikm dramcfe 6ytgopl0 i8t6