Calogero: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Calogero
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calogero? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calogero
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calogero
- Comments and insights on the name Calogero: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Calogero: | Edit
Italian Pronunciation: Kah-Loh-Jeyh-Roh. Rolled "R."
- Nicknames for Calogero: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Calogero: | Edit
Italian. "Calogero" is from the Late Latin name 'Calogerus,' which meant "Beautiful Elder." Greek 'καλος' (kalos) "Beautiful," and 'γερων' (geron) equals "Old Man, Elder." The feminine form is "Calogera."
- Famous real-life people named Calogero: | Edit
Saint Calogero, (the Hermit)-- is the patron saint of the Sicilian Village of Villalba, Italy and surrounding rural area. His feast day is June 18.
- Calogero in song, story & screen: | Edit
Calogero "C" Anello-- main character of the 1993 film "A Bronx Tale." Played by Lilo Brancato.