Calum Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Callum:
Borrowed from the Scottish, Calum is a Gaelic form of the Latin Columba (dove). Var: Callum, Kallum. Short: Cal, Kal.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calum? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calum
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calum
- Comments and insights on the name Calum: | Edit
basically my sunshine and the reason i live
^^^^whoever wrote that i love you and agree 100% <3
^whoever wrote both of them your my new best friends :)
- Personal experiences with the name Calum: | Edit
My older brother's name is Calum but he goes by Cal. A lot of people tend to mispronounce his name as "Cale-um" as in Caleb. My parents liked the name Cal but didn't like Calvin so my mom found this name in a book she was reading and like it so they used it.
- Nicknames for Calum: | Edit
Calvin the target guy
- Meanings and history of the name Calum: | Edit
"Dove" or "Messenger of peace"
- Famous real-life people named Calum: | Edit
Calum Hood is an Australian bassist and singer from the band 5 Seconds of Summer
Calum Chambers, English professional footballer, plays as a defender for Arsenal FC
( aka the pengest man you'll ever see in ur entire life )
- Calum in song, story & screen: | Edit
Calum Buchanan from All Creatures Great and Small (book and t.v. series). He was a Scottish vet with a love of wildlife.