Caradog: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Caradog
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caradog? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caradog
- Comments and insights on the name Caradog: | Edit
This name is sometimes spelled Caradoc.
Caer Caradoc is the name of a hill in the English county of Shropshire.
- Personal experiences with the name Caradog: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Caradog: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Caradog: | Edit
This is the usual Welsh form of the ancient Celtic name Caratacos. Caradog is the name of several figures in Welsh history and legend.
- Famous real-life people named Caradog: | Edit
Caradog ap Meirion was King of Gwynedd in Wales from c. 754-798.
Caradog Prichard (1904-1980) was a Welsh poet and novelist.
Caradog o Lancarfan was a 12th century Welsh author who wrote a Life of Gildas and of a Life of Saint Cadog in Latin.
- Caradog in song, story & screen: | Edit
Caradog Feichfras (also known as Caradoc Vreichvras) is a character in the Mabinogion of Breuddwyd Rhonabwy and other medieval Arthurian texts.
Caradog ap Bran is the son of Bran the Blessed in Welsh mythology.