Caradog: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Caradog
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Caradog
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caradog
- Comments and insights on the name Caradog: | Edit
This name is sometimes spelled Caradoc.
Caer Caradoc is the name of a hill in the English county of Shropshire.
- Personal experiences with the name Caradog: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Caradog: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Caradog: | Edit
This is the usual Welsh form of the ancient Celtic name Caratacos. Caradog is the name of several figures in Welsh history and legend.
- Famous real-life people named Caradog: | Edit
Caradog ap Meirion was King of Gwynedd in Wales from c. 754-798.
Caradog Prichard (1904-1980) was a Welsh poet and novelist.
Caradog o Lancarfan was a 12th century Welsh author who wrote a Life of Gildas and of a Life of Saint Cadog in Latin.
- Caradog in song, story & screen: | Edit
Caradog Feichfras (also known as Caradoc Vreichvras) is a character in the Mabinogion of Breuddwyd Rhonabwy and other medieval Arthurian texts.
Caradog ap Bran is the son of Bran the Blessed in Welsh mythology.