Carlos: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Carlos | Boys
Origin of the name Carlos:
Spanish and Portuguese cognate of Charles, which is from the Germanic karl (full-grown, a man). The name was borne by four kings of Spain.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlos? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlos
- Comments and insights on the name Carlos: | Edit
Not only four Spanish kings; Portugal had one King (from 1889 to 1908), with this name, D. Carlos I.
- Personal experiences with the name Carlos: | Edit
I have known a few boys named Juan Carlos.
- Nicknames for Carlos: | Edit
Carlitos, Carlito, Carlinhos, Caló
- Meanings and history of the name Carlos: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Carlos: | Edit
Carlos Castaneda, author
Carlos Estevez is the birth name of actor Charlie Sheen
Carlos Gardel, tango singer and songwriter
Carlos Mencia, comic
Carlos Pena,Jr. ,Actor/Singer
Carlos Ponce, actor
William Carlos Williams, American poet
Carlos Beltrán, MLB outfielder with the New York Mets.
- Carlos in song, story & screen: | Edit
Carlos Garcia, 'Big Time Rush'
Name Lists Featuring Carlos
Global Popularity of the Name Carlos
- #17 in Spain
- #25 in Chile
- #73 in United States