Cassian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassius:
An old Roman family name of uncertain meaning. It is possibly derived from the Latin cassus (hollow, empty).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassian
- Comments and insights on the name Cassian: | Edit
This is the name of many saints including the Patron Saint of Stenographers.
It is also a town in Wisconsin.
- Personal experiences with the name Cassian: | Edit
My son's name is Cassian (pronounced CASH-en), named after St. John Cassian, and we get lots of compliments on his name.
- Nicknames for Cassian: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Cassian: | Edit
It is an anglicized form of the ancient Roman family name Cassianus, a form of Cassius.
- Famous real-life people named Cassian: | Edit
Saint Cassian of Tangier, Saint Cassian of Imola, Saint Cassian of Autun, and Saint John Cassian.
- Cassian in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!