Cassian: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Cassian
Origin of the name Cassius:
An old Roman family name of uncertain meaning. It is possibly derived from the Latin cassus (hollow, empty).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassian? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassian
- Comments and insights on the name Cassian: | Edit
This is the name of many saints including the Patron Saint of Stenographers.
It is also a town in Wisconsin.
- Personal experiences with the name Cassian: | Edit
My son's name is Cassian (pronounced CASH-en), named after St. John Cassian, and we get lots of compliments on his name.
- Nicknames for Cassian: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Cassian: | Edit
It is an anglicized form of the ancient Roman family name Cassianus, a form of Cassius.
- Famous real-life people named Cassian: | Edit
Saint Cassian of Tangier, Saint Cassian of Imola, Saint Cassian of Autun, and Saint John Cassian.
- Cassian in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!