Clayson: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Clayson
Origin of the name Clayton:
Transferred use of the surname originating from a place-name derived from the Old English elements claēg (clay) and tūn (town, settlement, village, enclosure): hence, "settlement near the clay pit."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Clayson? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Clayson
- Comments and insights on the name Clayson: | Edit
A much less garish version of Clayton. Clayson says cleverness and much lesser criminal tendencies than Clayton. Sometimes associated with toe like thumbs.
- Personal experiences with the name Clayson: | Edit
I once knew a guy called Clayson and he was really hot (Tom Cruise look-a-like).
I have a brother called Clayson who thinks he is very clever!!!
- Nicknames for Clayson: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Clayson: | Edit
It's a family name; not unheard of as a surname, but makes a comical first name.
- Famous real-life people named Clayson: | Edit
Clayson John Howell
- Clayson in song, story & screen: | Edit