Cole Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cole:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English col (coal). It originated as a nickname for someone who was coal-black, swarthy, or darkly-complexioned.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cole? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cole
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cole
- Comments and insights on the name Cole: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Cole: | Edit
one of my friend's name is cole. he is very smart and fu
- Nicknames for Cole: | Edit
colee, cabbage, coil, colio, Coleebean, Colster, colekacola, coleslaw, clever cole, cole awesomeness g, hyped_for_fallout_4, coole, sophomore, child, boy child, small child, shortstack, cole scandalous, laser, helicopter, firetruck, dolphin, shawshank redemption, heath ledger, bird
- Meanings and history of the name Cole: | Edit
cole only likes bad movies
he lives in a hole in a wall
- Famous real-life people named Cole: | Edit
- Cole in song, story & screen: | Edit