Corbin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Corbin:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from the Old French corbin (a raven). Var: Corban, Corbyn, Korbin, Korbyn. Pet: Corby, Korby.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Corbin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Corbin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Corbin
- Comments and insights on the name Corbin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Corbin: | Edit
My son's name is Corbin and everyone loves it--it's unique without being too weird. Some people shorten it to Corby, which we don't care for--we just call him Corbin.
- Nicknames for Corbin: | Edit
Cory, Corby, Corb, Korbe, Kobe, Cobe, Corbe, Korbyn(another spelling of the name Corbin)
- Meanings and history of the name Corbin: | Edit
From an Old French and Middle English byname composed of the word corb, "crow, raven," and a diminutive suffix, hence "little crow" or "little raven."
- Famous real-life people named Corbin: | Edit
Corbin Bernsen, actor (LA Law, Psych)
Corbin Bleu, actor (High School Musical)
- Corbin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Korben Dallas - Bruce Willis' character in the movie The Fifth Element