Corbin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Corbin | Boys
Origin of the name Corbin:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from the Old French corbin (a raven). Var: Corban, Corbyn, Korbin, Korbyn. Pet: Corby, Korby.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Corbin? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Corbin
- Comments and insights on the name Corbin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Corbin: | Edit
My son's name is Corbin and everyone loves it--it's unique without being too weird. Some people shorten it to Corby, which we don't care for--we just call him Corbin.
- Nicknames for Corbin: | Edit
Cory, Corby, Corb, Korbe, Kobe, Cobe, Corbe, Korbyn(another spelling of the name Corbin)
- Meanings and history of the name Corbin: | Edit
From an Old French and Middle English byname composed of the word corb, "crow, raven," and a diminutive suffix, hence "little crow" or "little raven."
- Famous real-life people named Corbin: | Edit
Corbin Bernsen, actor (LA Law, Psych)
Corbin Bleu, actor (High School Musical)
- Corbin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Korben Dallas - Bruce Willis' character in the movie The Fifth Element
Global Popularity of the Name Corbin
- #127 in Canada (Alberta)
- #199 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #262 in United States