Cormac: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Cormac
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cormac? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cormac
- Comments and insights on the name Cormac: | Edit
Our oldest son (b. 1993) is Cormac. He's a twin; his twin sister is Catherine, called Caty. His nickname is Mac. Caty and Mac are our oldest kids; their younger brothers are Eamonn (pr. Aymin), Declan, and Darrien.
- Personal experiences with the name Cormac: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Cormac: | Edit
Mac, Cory, Corky
"Corley" is historically a nickname for Cormac as well.
- Meanings and history of the name Cormac: | Edit
Gaelic, "son of raven"
- Famous real-life people named Cormac: | Edit
Cormac McCarthy (1933-), Pulitzer Prize winning American novelist.
Cormac Murphy-O'Connor (1932), Cardinal and former Archbishop of Westminster.
- Cormac in song, story & screen: | Edit
Cormac McLaggen - the reserve Keeper for Gryffindor in Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (Book 6).