Denys Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dennis:
From the Greek Dionysius (of Dionysos, the Greek mythological god of wine and revelry). The name was borne by St. Denis, a 3rd-century evangelist who became the patron saint of France, thus establishing the name’s continued popularity. Var: Dennet, Denys.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Denys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Denys
- Comments and insights on the name Denys
- Personal experiences with the name Denys
- Nicknames for Denys
- Meanings and history of the name Denys
Ukrainian from of Dennis.
- Famous real-life people named Denys
Denys Arcand, Canadian academy award winning film director.
Denys Lasdun, English architect.
Denys Finch Hatton, English big-game hunter. Author Isak Dinesen wrote about him in her memoir "Out of Africa."
- Denys in song, story & screen