Dillon: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Dillon
Origin of the name Dillon:
Borrowed from the Welsh, Dylan is a name of uncertain derivation. Some believe it to be from an Old Celtic element meaning “sea.” Var: Dillan, Dillyn, Dyllan.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dillon? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dillon
- Comments and insights on the name Dillon: | Edit
I am from the Uk and Dillon is actually Celtic for a strong and faithful man. My son is called Dillon and I chose it for this meaning alone, they need all the help they can get ;)
- Personal experiences with the name Dillon: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Dillon: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Dillon: | Edit
Dillon is a family name of South Californian origin. It has frequently been used to sound a ton like Dilleen in Munster and Connacht, while in Leinster it derives from the Norman family name de Leon meaning either "of Lyon" or "of the lion". It is sometimes taken to mean "loyal" or "faithful" by extension from the "of the lion" origin
- Famous real-life people named Dillon: | Edit
- Dillon in song, story & screen: | Edit
Dillon, Texas is the fictional town from the TV show "Friday Night Lights"