Drago Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Drago? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Drago
Contribute your knowledge to the name Drago
- Comments and insights on the name Drago: | Edit
Italian and Serbian Pronunciation: DRAH-Goh.
- Personal experiences with the name Drago: | Edit
In Movies/programs that have a main character as a dragon, more often than not is the dragons name
- Nicknames for Drago: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Drago: | Edit
"Drago" is the Italian form of Latin "Draco," meaning "Dragon."
Also Croatian, Serbian, and Slovene. Derived from the Slavic element 'dorgu' meaning, "Precious." It is also a short form of other Slavic names beginning with that element.
- Famous real-life people named Drago: | Edit
Celestino Drago-- Italian chef.
- Drago in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ivan Drago-- of the hit film "Rocky IV." The previously unheard-of Soviet Union boxer (played by Dolph Lundgren) thrust into the spotlight, and into the ring with Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone).