Drake: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Drake | Boys
Origin of the name Drake:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning “dweller at the sign of the drake or dragon.”
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Drake? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Drake
- Comments and insights on the name Drake: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Drake: | Edit
My son is named Drake and we always gets compliments on it.
I also named my son Drayke, but as you can see, I decided to add the "y". And we always seem to get compliments about his name / spelling of it. I'm happy I chose the name I did and he loves it as well.
- Nicknames for Drake: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Drake: | Edit
It can mean dweller, dragon, or male duck.
- Famous real-life people named Drake: | Edit
Drake Bell, American singer and actor
Drake (real name is Aubrey Drake Graham), Canadian rapper and actor
- Drake in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Drake & Josh" on Nickelodeon
Global Popularity of the Name Drake
- #230 in United States
- #301 in Canada (Alberta)