Eugene: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Eugene
Origin of the name Eugene:
A borrowing from the French, Eugene is derived from the Latin Eugenius, which is from eugenēs (well-borne).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eugene? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eugene
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eugene
- Comments and insights on the name Eugene: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Eugene: | Edit
Eugene was my first love. He was the most creative and fun-loving person I have ever known. He died at only 20 years old. Today, I turn around whenever I hear the name Eugene on the street or tv.
- Nicknames for Eugene: | Edit
Gene, Geno, Eug, Zjenya, Jhenya
- Meanings and history of the name Eugene: | Edit
Translation of Russian Yevgeniy
- Famous real-life people named Eugene: | Edit
Eugene O'Neill - playwright
Eugene McCarthy - Politician
Eugene Kelly - Actor
- Eugene in song, story & screen: | Edit
Eugene Fitzherbert, better known as Flynn Rider from Tangled