Felix: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Felix
Origin of the name Felix:
Derived from the Latin felix (happy, lucky). Felix was the name of four popes and several early saints, one of whom was an apostle to East Anglia.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Felix? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Felix
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- Austrian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Austria
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders)
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, 2010
- Austrian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Austria, 2010
- Danish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Denmark, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec), 2010
Contribute your knowledge to the name Felix
- Comments and insights on the name Felix: | Edit
Felix is one of my favorite boy's names. I'm a bit of a progressive thinker, so I tend to prefer boy's names that shy away from the super masculine names with meanings of strength, courage, hunting prowess, et al. The meaning of Felix is a great one to carry.
- Personal experiences with the name Felix: | Edit
I knew a boy named Felix, who grew into a man, but passed away too young. He was handsome, and sweet, and full of potential. He was very tall, and adventurous, and everybody liked him. The name will always be rich with meaning and beautiful to me. I hope people rediscover this classic, quirky, evocative name.
We named our son (b. 2012) Felix, and people keep telling us that they weren't so sure about it when we announced it, but that it's the perfect name for our smiley, friendly little guy. Then we tell them we picked it because it means happiness! It's turned out to be the perfect choice for our family.
- Nicknames for Felix: | Edit
Flick, Fix, Lixy, Fie, Eli, Flex
- Meanings and history of the name Felix: | Edit
Happy, lucky, fortunate, blessed
- Famous real-life people named Felix: | Edit
Felix Mendelssohn, German composer
Felix Pipes, Austrian tennis player
Felix Jones, American football player
Felix Solis, American actor
Felix Hernandez, Venezuelan baseball player
Felix Kjellburg, Swedish Youtuber (#1)
Felix Anastasia Bjork
- Felix in song, story & screen: | Edit
Felix the Cat, the wonderful wonderful cat
Felix Unger, the fussy half of "The Odd Couple"
Felix Gaeta, character on "Battlestar Galactica" played by Alessandro Juliani
"Felix Holt, the Radical," novel written by George Eliot
"Confessions of Felix Krull," novel written by Thomas Mann
Felix Leiter, fictional character created by Ian Fleming for the James Bond novels and films
Felix King, one of the main characters in the TV series "Avonlea" in the books written by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Fix-It Felix, from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph"
Felix Warden, the youngest of four children in the "Superjail!" fanfics "All in the Family" and "Passion of the Guardiane."
Felix Smuckers, little brother of Alex S. Smuckers in the comic blog "The Greasers of Hazzick Flats"
Felix, one of the Lost Boys, and Peter Pan's second-in-command, on the TV series "Once Upon a Time"
'Felix Felicis', the 'Liquid Luck' potion in the Harry Potter series
Felix, a magician in Rick Riordan's "Kane Chronicles"