Finnigan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Finnigan
Origin of the name Finnegan:
Transferred use of the surname, which is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Fionnagáin (des-cendant of Fionnagán). Fionnagán is a diminutive form of Fionn (fair): hence, “little fair one.” Var: Finnegan, Finigan. Short: Fin, Finn. Pet: Finny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finnigan? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finnigan
- Comments and insights on the name Finnigan: | Edit
A fun Irish/English name.
- Personal experiences with the name Finnigan: | Edit
My son's name is Finn. He's very typical Irish--always wants to party and have a good time, but if you get him angry, he'll rage. Of course, it may be the fact that he's only two...
My family's church had a priest called Father Finnegan. He's one of the most wonderful men around and I'm not very religious myself. He's patient and funny, extremely Irish so most of his jokes revolved around the Irish drinking habit. Great with kids and had a friendly Irish setter he'd let wander around during church.
- Nicknames for Finnigan: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Finnigan: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Finnigan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Finnigan in song, story & screen: | Edit