Finnigan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Finnigan
Origin of the name Finnegan:
Transferred use of the surname, which is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Fionnagáin (des-cendant of Fionnagán). Fionnagán is a diminutive form of Fionn (fair): hence, “little fair one.” Var: Finnegan, Finigan. Short: Fin, Finn. Pet: Finny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finnigan? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finnigan
- Comments and insights on the name Finnigan: | Edit
A fun Irish/English name.
- Personal experiences with the name Finnigan: | Edit
My son's name is Finn. He's very typical Irish--always wants to party and have a good time, but if you get him angry, he'll rage. Of course, it may be the fact that he's only two...
- Nicknames for Finnigan: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Finnigan: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Finnigan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Finnigan in song, story & screen: | Edit