Flynn: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Flynn
Origin of the name Flynn:
Transferred use of the surname, which is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Flainn (descendant of Flann). The name is derived from flann (red): hence, “red-haired one."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Flynn? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Flynn
- Comments and insights on the name Flynn: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Flynn: | Edit
I have a cousin named Flynn who is unique and spirited. He is very in touch with nature and is empathetic towards all people and things.
I know a guy who's middle name is Flynn and goes by that instead of his first name.
- Nicknames for Flynn: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Flynn: | Edit
"Son of a red-headed man"
- Famous real-life people named Flynn: | Edit
Flynn is the son of Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr
Errol Flynn, actor, well known for his swashbuckling roles (especially Robin Hood)
- Flynn in song, story & screen: | Edit
Flynn Rider is the main male character in the Disney movie "Tangled".
Sam Flynn, Character from the movie Tron Legacy.
Name Lists Featuring Flynn
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria), 2010
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, 2010