Gabe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gabriel:
Derived from the Hebrew gavrīēl (God is my strength). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels, the herald of Good News who appeared to Mary to announce her pregnancy and the impending birth of the Christ-child. Short: Gabe.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gabe? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gabe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gabe
- Comments and insights on the name Gabe: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Gabe: | Edit
My brother's name is Gabe- NOT Gabriel! Whenever he introduces himself, people ask, "is that a nickname?"NO it is not!!!!!! Gabe means 'present' in German.
- Nicknames for Gabe: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gabe: | Edit
Gabe means 'present' in german.
- Famous real-life people named Gabe: | Edit
Gabriel 'Gabe' Nevins - actor, best known for role as Alex in 'Paranoid Park'
- Gabe in song, story & screen: | Edit
Gabe "Hottie" Lamotti from Hannah Montana