Gable: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Gable | Boys
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gable? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gable
- Comments and insights on the name Gable: | Edit
A gable is a triangular, pitched roof.
- Personal experiences with the name Gable: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Gable: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gable: | Edit
English surname derived from the Old Norse gafl (gable), meaning "a triangular-shaped hill." Also related to the Old English geafol "fork."
- Famous real-life people named Gable: | Edit
Clark Gable, American actor.
- Gable in song, story & screen: | Edit
Gable is another name which Gabriel Oak from Thomas Hardy's novel Far From the Madding Crowd goes by.