Gaius Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gaius? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gaius
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gaius
- Comments and insights on the name Gaius: | Edit
This name is often mispronounced. The correct pronunciation is "GIE-us"
- Personal experiences with the name Gaius: | Edit
My father's name is Gaius and he always disliked it. He was harassed even into adulthood for his odd name.
I know a Gaius who goes by Gus.
- Nicknames for Gaius: | Edit
Guy, Gai, Gus
- Meanings and history of the name Gaius: | Edit
Meaning: from Latin "I am glad". A common given name (praenomen) in ancient Rome. Found in the New Testament 3 times.
- Famous real-life people named Gaius: | Edit
Gaius Julius Caesar, Roman ruler
Gaius Claudius Glaber (also a character in Spartacus)
Gaius Charles, American actor, known for "Friday Night Lights"
Gaius Lee DuPree, American actor, known for "Vamp Bikers" (2014)
- Gaius in song, story & screen: | Edit
Dr. Gaius Baltar, character on "Battlestar Galactica"