Gaylord: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Gaylord
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gaylord? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gaylord
- Comments and insights on the name Gaylord: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Gaylord: | Edit
I knew a boy in school named Gaylord. He went by his middle name, Ace. Never knew his name was Gaylord until I saw in the yearbook later. Not surprised he went by Ace instead I don't think going by his first name would have been an enjoyable experience these days.
- Nicknames for Gaylord: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Gaylord: | Edit
Anglicisation of the French surname Gaillard, meaning "sprightly" or "spry")
- Famous real-life people named Gaylord: | Edit
Gaylord DuBois, American comic book and children's author.
Gaylord Nelson, U.S. Senator from Wisconsin and principal founder of Earth Day.
Gaylord Perry, American Major League Baseball pitcher and Baseball Hall of Fame member.
- Gaylord in song, story & screen: | Edit
Gaylord "Greg" Focker, character played by Ben Stiller in the films "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers."
Gaylord Ravenal, leading male character in both Edna Ferber's novel "Show Boat" and the Oscar Hammerstein musical.