Gennaro Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gennaro? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gennaro
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gennaro
- Comments and insights on the name Gennaro: | Edit
Gennaro is a traditional italian name.
- Personal experiences with the name Gennaro: | Edit
I always think of the San Gennaro feast in New York City, a street festival characterized by the abundance of Italian food sold from carts.
- Nicknames for Gennaro: | Edit
Genna, Genno, Gero, Genn, Rino, Gennarino
- Meanings and history of the name Gennaro: | Edit
Gennaro is the Italian form of the Roman cognomen Ianuarius which meant "January" in Latin. The name of the month derives from the name of the Roman god Janus. Saint Gennaro, the patron saint of Naples, was a bishop who was beheaded during the persecutions of emperor Diocletian in the 4th century.
- Famous real-life people named Gennaro: | Edit
Gennaro Ivan Gattuso, italian soccer player.
- Gennaro in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!