Geoffrey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Geoffrey:
Derived from the Middle English Geffrey, which is from the Old French Geoffroi, a name thought to have evolved from several different Germanic names. Var: Jeffery, Jeffrey, Jeffry. Short: Geoff, Jeff.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Geoffrey? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Geoffrey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Geoffrey
- Comments and insights on the name Geoffrey: | Edit
Geoffrey is a very masculine, sexy, smart name. One of the few male names that don't have a female version and can't be turned into one!
- Personal experiences with the name Geoffrey: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Geoffrey: | Edit
Gerry (pronounced Jerry)
Giffy (pronounced Jiffy)
- Meanings and history of the name Geoffrey: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Geoffrey: | Edit
Geoffrey Chaucer, English author, poet, philosopher, bureaucrat, and diplomat
Geoff Ogilvy, PGA Tour (2006 U.S. Open Champion)
Geoffrey Rush, Australian actor and Oscar-winner.
- Geoffrey in song, story & screen: | Edit
Geoffrey the Giraffe, Toys R Us Mascot
Geoffrey the Butler, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Character