Godric Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Godric? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Godric
Contribute your knowledge to the name Godric
- Comments and insights on the name Godric: | Edit
I think that this could be a great name for a boy, but only with parents that are supportive enough to make it work. Godric sounds like a benevolent and great warrior or leader. It may be a "bit" old, but good names never die.
- Personal experiences with the name Godric: | Edit
- Nicknames for Godric: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Godric: | Edit
Derived from Old English origins, it means "power of god" or "God-ruler" (god combined with ric "power, rule"). This name died out a few centuries after the Norman conquest.
- Famous real-life people named Godric: | Edit
Saint Godric of Finchale (or Saint Goderic) (c. 1065 – May 21, 1170) was an English hermit and popular medieval saint.
- Godric in song, story & screen: | Edit
Godric Gryffindor from Harry Potter
Godric (vampire) from Trueblood (HBO series).