Grover Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Grover? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Grover
- Comments and insights on the name Grover: | Edit
I prefer Grove.
- Personal experiences with the name Grover: | Edit
Grover is my son's middle name. He was named after his great X3 grandpa, Thomas Grover.
- Nicknames for Grover: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Grover: | Edit
From a topographic surname meaning someone who "lived near a grove of trees" from Old English graf.
- Famous real-life people named Grover: | Edit
Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th U.S. President (two non-consecutive terms)
Grover Cleveland Alexander, Major League Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher.
Grover Washington Jr., American jazz saxophonist.
Grover Norquist, American political lobbyist and president of Americans for Tax Reform.
- Grover in song, story & screen: | Edit
Grover Underwood, character in the "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" fantasy series by Rick Riordan
Grover is a blue Muppet on Sesame Street.