Guillermo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Guillermo:
A cognate of William (resolute protector), a name derived from the Old Norman French willaume, which is from the Old High German Willehelm, a compounding of the elements willeo (will, determination) and helm (helmet, protection).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Guillermo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Guillermo
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Guillermo
- Comments and insights on the name Guillermo
- Personal experiences with the name Guillermo
I have a friend named Guillermo, and he is so cute, he is nice, smart, strong, nice, king, generous, and super sexy, if I could ask him out i would.
- Nicknames for Guillermo
Memo, Bill, Billy, Will, Willy Guillermito,
Guille [EDITED: I have only seen this used for females as a nickname for Guillermina]
Guille is used for males also, as in Guillermo Franco, the male soccer player.
Although it is not a common nickname in Spanish-speaking countries, in the USA I know many people who use Guermo (pronounced GYERmo) as a friendly nickname.
- Meanings and history of the name Guillermo
- Famous real-life people named Guillermo
Guillermo Capetillo, actor, singer and matador
Guillermo del Toro, film writer, director, producer
Guillermo Gil, theater and film actor
Guillermo Perez of Mexico won a gold medal in taekwondo at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
- Guillermo in song, story & screen