Harlow Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Harlow? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Harlow
Contribute your knowledge to the name Harlow
- Comments and insights on the name Harlow: | Edit
Harlow peaked in usage as a male name in 1884 when it ranked #721 in the U.S. It last appeared in the top 1000 in 1936 when it ranked #980.
- Personal experiences with the name Harlow: | Edit
Im Pregnant With Twins Right Now And Im Nameing Them Harlow And Aspen And i Get Soooo Many Compliments On Both The Names!
- Nicknames for Harlow: | Edit
Lolo, Lola, Arlo, Ari, Harls, Low
- Meanings and history of the name Harlow: | Edit
English surname meaning "hare's hill" or "army hill."
- Protector of the People or more accurately, "Mund of the people." The mund is a principle in Germanic tradition and law that can be crudely translated as "protection"
- The "Mund" was the leadership of an ancestor of a family. The name Harlow can mean the "defender of the family or ancestral line"
-Means 'mound of the people" or 'protector of the people'. Mound is from Old English mund (hand, hand of protection, protector, guardianship
- Famous real-life people named Harlow: | Edit
Harlow Curtice (1893-1962), former president of General Motors
Harlow Shapley (1885-1972), astronomer
Harlow Winter Kate Richie (2008-Present) Nicole and Joel Madden's Daughter
- Harlow in song, story & screen: | Edit
Good Charlotte Wrote A Song In Honor Of Joel Madden's Daughter Called "Harlow's Song"