Hudson: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Hudson
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hudson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hudson
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Alberta)
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Saskatchewan)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria), 2010
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Alberta) for 2013
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Saskatchewan) for 2012
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales) for 2012
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria) for 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hudson
- Comments and insights on the name Hudson: | Edit
I named my son Hudson..Everyone absolutely loves his name. I always get a positive comment whenever anyone asks his name. His personality is extremely outgoing, energetic, a natural athlete, wild imagination, funny funny funny, loves to learn though in a creative way rather than conventional (such as flash cards). He's happy and he is always thinking to the point you can see it on his face. As far as negative traits go, his energy is exhausting and keeping him busy and focused is a must or he WILL find something destructive to do instead. He is slow to warm up to new activities. Sounds funny but he will not sled down a 3foot high hill, yet he will climb everything in the house and jump off it,. (the top of the couch is his favorite) He is a home body, it's a struggle everytime we need to go somewhere but then once we are out, he is talking to everyone he meets. He is loving but not much of a snuggler and he does NOT like kisses..lol. I fear traditional public schooling will not be a good fit. He just turned 5 and i worry once 2nd or 3rd grade hit and the teacher expects students to sit at their desk and do their papers he won't have the interest or patience to do it. When he gets angry he tends to get really angry so i have had some major issues with that but now that he is older he is much better. I have had 4 kids and this one is by far the most humorous, unique, outgoing. creative, and the most challenging though it is certainly worth the effort:)
Hudson is by far my favorite boys name and when I have kids when im older(im 18) I want my first child to be a boy and I am going to name him Hudson James its absolutely adorable and I can call him Hud and I am just obsessed with the name Hudson James
- Personal experiences with the name Hudson: | Edit
I always loved the name Hudson! And it happens to be the name of my fourteen-year-old stepson. His middle name is David, and as a nickname we will call him Sonny. His sisters' names are Emeline, Adella, and Lillian. His brother's name is Jack.
- Nicknames for Hudson: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Hudson: | Edit
French-Norman roots of the name Hugh meaning soul.
- Famous real-life people named Hudson: | Edit
Henry Hudson, explorer
Hudson Taylor, missionary to China
- Hudson in song, story & screen: | Edit
Paul Newman in Hud
The Hudson Hornet
Driving Miss Daisy (1st car on the show is a Hudson!!)