Jacoby Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jacoby:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacobus, which is from the Greek Iakōbos, a name derived from the Hebrew Yaakov, which is from ya'aqob (seizing by the heel, supplanting).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jacoby? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jacoby
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jacoby
- Comments and insights on the name Jacoby: | Edit
Is this pronounced JAY-kob-ee or ja-KOH-bee?
To the above: it is pronounced ja-KOH-bee ('KOH' rhyming with 'toe').
- Personal experiences with the name Jacoby: | Edit
The only Jacoby I know is a girl.
- Nicknames for Jacoby: | Edit
Jake, Jack, Coby, Jay
- Meanings and history of the name Jacoby: | Edit
From a surname meaning "son of Jacob".
- Famous real-life people named Jacoby: | Edit
Jacoby Shaddix, singer of Papa Roach
Jacoby Ellsbury, Major League Baseball outfielder for the Boston Red Sox.
- Jacoby in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!