Jameson: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Jameson
Origin of the name Jamison:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "Jamie's son." Var: Jameson, Jamieson.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jameson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jameson
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jameson
- Comments and insights on the name Jameson: | Edit
This name has a strong association with a brand of whiskey popular in Ireland.
- Personal experiences with the name Jameson: | Edit
My son's name is Jameson. We get positive comments about this name all the time. People comment that it sounds classic but isn't overused. We love the name!
- Nicknames for Jameson: | Edit
Jamie, James, Mason, Jace, Jamers, Jaybird, Jay, Jim, Jimmy
- Meanings and history of the name Jameson: | Edit
Son of James
- Famous real-life people named Jameson: | Edit
Jameson Parker, actor
Jameson Frakes, son of Genie Francis and Jonathan Frakes
- Jameson in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!