Jason Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jason:
The English cognate of the Latin and Greek Iāson (healer), a name derived from iasthai (to heal). Popularly bestowed in the U.S., the name Jason is borne in Greek Myth by a prince who led the Argo-nauts. Var: Jayson.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jason? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jason
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian)
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Dutch Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in The Netherlands
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jason
- Comments and insights on the name Jason: | Edit
Jason is an extremely handsome, cute,classic, popular, masculine name for a baby boy.
In the 70's there was the Jason craze.
Jason, JOnas and Sonja are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters
If you take the first letters of the months July through November it's spells Jason so we're on every calander
I babysit a 5 year old named Jason Paal. I think the name Jason is bold and works for a little kid and a grown adult. His brother is Max.
When somebody barfs: Hasten, Jason, bring the basin! Oop, slop, bring the mop!
- Personal experiences with the name Jason: | Edit
We named our son Jason, born 2008, because we haven't heard it used lately even though it used to be quite popular. That makes it an easily identifiable name where spelling is not an issue. Chances are slim that he'll meet other Jasons when he starts school.
- Nicknames for Jason: | Edit
Jay, JJ, Jaz, Jacky, Jassie, Jasey, Jase, Jace, Jasey, Jacey, Sonny, Sparky, Superman
- Meanings and history of the name Jason: | Edit
He that cures.
He that cures.
- Famous real-life people named Jason: | Edit
Jason Aldean, American country singer
Jason Alexander, American actor
Jason Bateman, American actor
Jason Dohring, American actor
Jason Momoa, American actor
Jason Mraz, Amerian singer
Jason O'Mara, Irish actor
Jason Segel, American actor
Jason Earles American actor
Jason Duggar, reality TV show "19 Kids & Counting"
Jason Griffith, Voice actor for Sonic The Hedgehog
Jason Mewes, American Actor
Jason Biggs, American Actor
Jason Anthony Maggott, South African Model
Jason Wade, American singer
Jason Morgan Ritter, American actor and son of the late American actor John Ritter
Jason Robards, American actor
Jason Sudeikis, American actor and comedian
- Jason in song, story & screen: | Edit
Jason was used in the song Pet Cheetah by Twenty one pilots. Tyler Joseph the lead singer of the band Twenty one pilots said in the song Pet Cheetah, "I've gotta pet cheetah down in my basement, I've raised him and bathed him and called him Jason Statham."